Dwight offers Online Courses
The Online Courses are designed, developed, and delivered by IB approved online course provider Pamoja Education. The Diploma Programme courses are teacher-led by an experienced IB faculty with special training in online education. These highly interactive courses encourage meaningful collaboration within a small online cohort of students from around the world, support students to complete weekly lesson objectives and teach them to learn and work effectively in a virtual environment using the latest Web technologies.
This gives students at Dwight a wider choice selection enabling them to take courses of special interest, such as Film Studies or Business Management.
Online Courses available to students
Dwight will offer the following IB online courses:
- IB Mandarin ab initio (Introductory Mandarin)
- IB Spanish ab initio (Introductory Spanish)
- IB Spanish B (Standard Level)
- IB Business Management (Standard Level)
- IB Business Management (Higher Level)
- IB Economics (Standard Level)
- IB Economics (Higher Level)
- IB Philosophy (Standard Level)
- IB Psychology (Standard Level)
- IB Psychology (Higher Level)
- IB Information Technology in a Global Society (Standard Level)
- IB Information Technology in a Global Society (Higher Level)
- IB Mathematics (Standard Level)
- IB Mathematics (Higher Level)
- IB Film (Standard Level)
These courses are led by experienced IB Diploma teachers. Colleges and universities look favourably on students who take IB courses and may offer academic credit or advanced placement.
More information about Pamoja Education can be found on their website here.
Dwight Will Support You
Dwight's site-based coordinator of Online Learning, Mr. Dhondup Nymgyal will support all students enrolled by:
- Providing personalised academic counselling and support
- Monitoring each student’s performance on a weekly basis
- Providing regular updates to parents and additional consultation as needed/requested
- Conducting exams under IB examination and testing conditions
- Facilitating interaction and a sense of community among students, their school, the online teacher, and Pamoja Education