Mother-tongue is a child's first or native language and Dwight School London aims to inform parents in the maintenance and development of both mother-tongue language and literacy skills.
Such support includes:
- The provision of mother-tongue classes within the curriculum (including the School
- Activities Programme)
- Providing parents with information regarding the different mother-tongue programmes
- Recognising and celebrating the various mother-tongue languages within the school
- Extending mother-tongue recources in the library
- Providing bilingual dictionaries in the EAL department for those students whose mother-tongue is not English.
The provision of mother-tongue language support may incur an additional fee.