To start an application please read the section below and then complete the Application Form.
Step 1: Complete and submit the Application Form.
In addition to completing the online Application Form you will be asked to provide the following:
- passport photo;
- copy of birth certificate/passport;
- any specialist education reports or education plans, if applicable.
On submitting the Application Form you will receive an invoice for the £200 non-refundable Application Fee. You may pay this online via a credit/debit card. At this point you will receive an email confirming your student account and login information, unless you previously submitted an Enquiry Form (as above).
Step 2: Submit the Supporting Documents
You will see on your dashboard a link to required documents to be completed online. These include:
- a Parent Statement about your son or daughter*.
- a Student Writing Sample (a short piece of age-appropriate writing following the question prompts provided) for the student to share something about him/herself. (This can be done on a separate piece of paper and scanned and uploaded, if you prefer. Young children can submit a drawing with a few words of caption or text.)
- a Language Profile to help us understand the student's linguistic background.
In addition we ask you to seek:
- a Reference from the last school (you will need to have the student's teacher's email address). Enter it on the Reference Form and press the submit button. The teacher will receive an email request from the system to complete the form online. Once the teacher has completed and submitted the form, we will receive it directly.
Step 3: Uploading Documents
Finally was ask that you scan, and upload:
- copies of school reports for the previous two years (we may ask to have these translated);
- any other certificates or supporting documents we may request that help us to form a better understanding of the student;
- *if the Parent Statement was prepared and translated by a third party, please upload a copy of the original document in the original language.
PLEASE NOTE THAT IF BECAUSE OF COVID19 SCHOOL CLOSURES YOU ARE UNABLE TO OBTAIN SOME OF THESE SCHOOL DOCUMENTS, PLEASE LET US KNOW AND WE WILL CONSIDER HOW WE CAN WORK AROUND THESE REQUIREMENTS.
Step 4: The Admissions Committee Review
Once we have received the completed Application Form, required documents and the Application Fee, the file will be reviewed by the Admissions Committee and you will be informed in writing of the decision whether a place will be offered, declined, waitlisted or whether further steps are to be taken. Once offered a place, in order to secure your child's place you must complete the Acceptance Form and pay the Deposit.
We are happy to meet students, or to have Skype interviews with families and students, and in some cases we may require a taster day so that we can evaluate the student in the context of our school. As a school serving an internationally-mobile community we do our best to accommodate families visiting at short notice.
Dwight School London has Student Sponsor Status.
Would you like more information?
If you would like more information on admission to Dwight, please complete the Enquiry Form (This merely registers your interest with us and is not an obligation to submit a formal application) or give us a call to arrange an appointment to visit.
Head of Admissions
Lucy Lam-Po-Tang +44(0)20 8920 0600
Admissions Registrar (term-time only)
Rebecca Curtis +44(0)20 8920 0639