Visa Requirements

Students must have the correct immigration status to be enrolled at Dwight School London. Students cannot be enrolled if they are in the UK on a tourist or visitor visa. Accompanying parents or guardians must also have the correct immigration status to live in London while their children are enrolled at the school.

We recommend that families use the UK government’s online tool to check their visa requirements, and if necessary, seek professional legal advice. You may wish to speak the contact below, who has advised many of our families:

UKVI Student Sponsor
For students who require a Student visa to come to the UK, Dwight can offer a Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) that can be used by students to apply at the relevant consulate. We require any students/families needing a Student visa to use the Visa and Immigration Services of ECA Legal who will ensure that all of the requisite documentation is in order for Dwight to then issue the CAS.

ECA Legal
Ben Elton +44(0) 207 255 0576

Important Information for EU, EEA and Swiss citizens.

Entered the UK before 11.00pm on 31st December

EU, EEA & Swiss citizens already in the UK before 11.00pm on 31st December 2020 will not require a visa.  However to continue to live, work or study in the UK you must apply to the EU Settlement Scheme by 30th June 2021:  

The UK Government has provided advice on how and when to apply:

We strongly advise that this process is started as soon as you arrive in the UK.

Entering the UK from 1st January 2021

From 1st January 2021, EU, EEA and Swiss citizens will be able to enter the UK as a visitor for up to 6 months without a visa.

EU, EEA & Swiss citizens intending on being in the UK to work or study, or for longer than 6 months, will need to apply for a visa.

If you or a close family member were living in the UK before 31st December 2020 you may be able to apply for the free EU Settlement Scheme: 

If you are joining a close family member they must be a citizen of the EU, Switzerland,  Iceland, Norway or Lichtenstein. 

The UK Government has complied guidance for EU, EEA & Swiss citizens:

EU Student Information:

Check if you need a visa:

Student Visa:

Child Student Visa:

Parent of a Child Student visa:


Admissions Contacts

Lucy Lam-Po-Tang

Head of Admissions


Rebecca Curtis

Admissions Registrar