Dwight’s Spark of Genius Means-Tested Scholarship
This scholarship is for new applicants to Dwight School for students who seek to apply to join the International Baccalaureate Middle Years Programme (IBMYP) (UK Year 7 - Year 11 equivalent) or to join the two-year IB Diploma Programme (IBDP) (UK Year 12 equivalent). We are now accepting applications for September 2021. This Scholarship is intended for students who show strong potential to be successful IB students at Dwight School London but who are unable to fund the tuition fees and/or other costs in full or part.
Scholarship levels will be calculated and awarded in relation to a family’s financial circumstances based on a means-test which includes a review of income and capital resources. We work with specialist financial assessors to ensure we offer financial support to the extent necessary. Scholarship awards depend on parents’/guardians’ circumstances (e.g. their savings, investments and realisable assets, as well as their income, the size of their family, any other persons dependent upon them and like factors), compassionate or other pertinent considerations.
Scholarships are awarded for the duration of the programme (IB MYP or IBDP) and are maintained as long as the student shows good effort and intent and contributes positively to the school community.
- New applicants should complete a Scholarship Application for Dwight School London using our online system. The application with all of the information requested and supporting documents must be submitted no later than Monday 9th November. At the time of application, the family should also pay the Application Fee. The Application Fee for scholarship applicants is a reduced fee of £100 which is payable by credit card online. (This fee offsets the cost of the independent financial assessors.)
- Students who successfully meet the scholarship admissions criteria will be notified within a week of completing the application, but no later than Friday, 13th November, so that they can complete the Means-Tested Financial Application for the scholarship, and start thinking about their presentations to be made in January 2021.
- Students who do not meet the Scholarship Criteria but nonetheless meet the school’s Admissions Criteria may be eligible to convert this to a Financial Aid Application.
- The Means-Tested Scholarship Financial Application with all of its supporting documents is due on Friday, 20th November and will be reviewed by an external assessor, Bursary Administration Ltd., who will also arrange a home visit as part of their review to discuss the family’s circumstances.
- Should the Financial Review process determine that the family income exceeds the financial criteria to qualify for a scholarship, the family will be notified. Successful candidates are notified by Friday, 18th December and asked to prepare a presentation (see below) for the interviews to be held on Saturday, 30th January 2021. Families are asked to keep that day free for attendance. If there are any scheduling conflicts anticipated, this should be reported to the Director of Admissions by Friday, 18th December.
The Presentation: In a presentation lasting 5-10 minutes, the applicant should share how he/she aspires to demonstrate the characteristics of the International Baccalaureate Learner Profile in life both in and out of school, and why a global outlook is important. Creativity is encouraged and students are encouraged to use any medium they wish. Students who are unfamiliar with the IB Learner Profile should read about this on the IB website here.