Super Question and Language of the Week
Our Super Question was Which world-famous author would have celebrated his 100th birthday this year? Areg revealed that it was Roald Dahl. Our Question for this week is Which supersonic flight took place 40 years ago this week?
Language of the Week
Our Language of the Week was Spanish; the school helper was native Spanish speaker Ivan in Year 6 who helped us to say buenos dias. Next week we move out of Europe and into Asia and our Language of the Week is going to be Mandarin.
In Lower School Clubs this week I spent some time in the Table Tennis club run by Mr. Cusack. The students in his club are really keen players and have learnt a range of good forehand and backhand shots. I visited the Choir Club where the students were singing songs from the musical Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, which is good preparation for our play on 23rd March. I also spent some time at the EAL club run by Mr. Miles where there was lots of fun and learning as the students played a card game to help them with their English language development.
Fun Run and International Breakfast
Our annual Fun Run and International Breakfast is due to take place on Friday, 12th February. This is a lovely community event that often involves over 100 participants going for a gentle run together and then having a breakfast. Please make a note in your diaries and come along if you can; we would love to see you there.
- Please note that the zig-zag lines outside the school are not to be used for parking. Barnet Council have instructed us to remind parents of this.
- Please be reminded that it is really important that if there any changes to end of school routines that the office is informed as soon as possible, this includes club days.
- All IBPYP portfolios should be returned to school no later than Monday.
Important Dates for this Term
More details about these events will follow shortly.
- Mid-Year School Reports sent home - 11th February
- Fun Run and International Breakfast - **Now changed to 12th February
- World Book Day - 3rd March
- Upper Primary Show Performance - 6.30pm Wednesday, 23rd March