| he |
|Friday, 13th May 2016 ||Early Years Newsletter |
This Week's News from Kindergarten
This week we:
- went on a lovely Spring walk. The children made a list of things they thought they would see that included the big bad wolf and Mickey Mouse. Needless to say, we didn’t see these things but we did see blossom, roses, daisies, birds, buds and bright green leaves.
- followed up with an interest in pirates by making pirate hats and eye patches.
- reviewed the sounds s, a, t, p, i, n and learnt m and d. We read CVC (consonant-vowel-consonant) words with these sounds.
- started to practise writing our name by using a sign-in register.
- counted and started to think about which number is 1 more than a given number.
- read some new stories by Sue Hendra including I Need a Wee, Spider Sandwiches, and Supertato Veggies Assemble.
- explored the seeds that you have kindly sent to us - we used the digital microscope to see the detail and tried to draw what we could see.
- looked at our vegetable patch and noticed that our onions, potatoes, and lettuce have started to grow.
- had lots of fun playing in the rainy weather.
- found lots of snails and woodlice in the garden and had fun watching them.
- went to the library for a story with Mrs. Mastoridis.
Next week we will:
- be very excited to receive our eggs so that we can observe chicks hatching. We will have them for 2 weeks and will be able to watch how they change.
- count the number of eggs and make an ‘Egg Hatch Chart’.
- perform our EYFS assembly on Thursday at 9.00am in the hall, We hope to see you there!
Have a lovely weekend,
Ms. Tomlin, Mrs. Voica, Miss. Olver, Mrs. Psaras
| || |
This Week's News from Reception
|Dear Parents, |
This week we have:
- revised our letter sound knowledge from Phase 3 including ai, oa, ee, oo.
- updated our bean diaries with drawings of roots, shoots, and leaves.
- walked to the allotments and surrounding green areas looking at seasonal changes in the environment.
- completed our Stop Motion video with school digital leaders - see the video at our assembly!
- talked about specific things a baby can do differently to a toddler and child using our photos to help us.
- continued adding, subtracting and counting on from a number using number lines as a visual prompt.
- measured the height of our beans using non-standard and standard units of measurement.
- finished planting cress seeds.
- listened to the story of Jasper’s Beanstalk and matched the days of the week to each stage of the story.
- rehearsed our assembly!
- learnt new sight words ‘this’ and ‘see’ these words are on the keyring.
- spent time in the garden planting seeds and watering our plants
- The children might ask you about their first words spoken as a baby!
- Please ensure reading books and key rings are returned on Mondays and Wednesdays as we will hear the children read on those days (unless we are on a trip) and change their books.
- Please use the school website booking form to book any days needed for child care during half term - deadline 20th May
- KG/Reception class assembly at 9am - 19th May in Hall.
- Sports Day - 9th June at the school field.
- Trip to Golders Hill Park - June 22nd.
Mrs. G Weber Miss C Pitts Mrs. D Fawbert
| || |