Buenos Aires Trip 2019
We are very pleased to be able to offer your son/daughter the opportunity of participating in a Theatre, Music, Dance and Visual Arts Trip to Buenos Aires, Argentina, in July 2019 for 10 days. This is open to all our current M1 – D1 Students.
Highlights of this Arts trip will include some or all of the following.
- Visit to the Teatro Colon - the grandest Latin America Opera House and most beloved building in all of Argentina with an amazing backstage tour.
- Museo de Arte Latinoamericano de Buenos Aires (MALBA) - spectacular collection of Latin American Artwork including Diego Rivera.
- Museo Nacional de Bellas Artes - National Fine Art museum.
- A tango show and tango workshop to learn this iconic dance.
- A visit to the market neighbourhood of San Telmo - a 19th Century area of Buenos Aires- on Sunday with street performers.
- Visits to the theatre including Fuerza Bruta. This theatrical thrill ride combines euphoria inducing live music and breathtaking aerial displays in a performance that's as exhilarating as it is addictive.
- An evening performance of La Bomba De Tiempo - a fast paced music extravaganza.
- Museo Evita - Museum dedicated to Eva Peron.
- Day trip to El Tigre - which is located 30km north west of Buenos Aires: the excursion will be in a catamaran by the islands of the Tigre.
- Museo del Cine - cinema museum.
- Plaza de Mayo and the Presidential Palace.
- Cementerio de La Recoleta where famous Argentines are buried in amazing tombs.
- Visit to La Bombonera and Museo de la Pasion Boquense - national stadium tour - celebrating Boca Juniors – premier football team.
- Horse riding experience with the gauchos at an Estancia (ranch) with a BBQ.
- We are exploring a visit to an International School, St Andrew's Scots School in Olivos, where Mr. Atkinson taught for many years. This will give DSL students an opportunity to meet fellow IB students of the same age.
We will have a fully guided tour of Buenos Aires, including several theatre and musical performances, art museums, plus a couple of day trips. One to El Tigre by catamaran and one to visit the gauchos and participate in horse riding at an Argentinian ranch with a fantastic BBQ.
This arts and cultural enrichment trip will highly compliment the IBMYP Arts teaching to World Music, Drama and Visual Arts as well as benefiting IB Diploma Students who need to research different musical styles, unfamiliar theatre practises and art forms as part of their Diploma programme. All students attending the trip will contribute to a written diary record, which we will post on the school website afterwards and all students will be eligible for Community and Service hours or CAS as they will be working in teams, learning new cultural aspects of this fascinating country and becoming open minded, independent thinkers.
We will be staying for nine nights on a full board basis, at a 3 star hotel in Buenos Aires and we shall be using a private air-conditioned coach with an English speaking guide throughout the tour.
The cost, including all meals, flights, trips and shows will be approximately £1950 per student (excluding visas). This can be paid by an initial deposit on WisePay of £200, by Monday, 11th June 2018 to guarantee a place on this trip. A payment plan can be followed with an instalment of £500 on 10th September 2018, £500 on 12th November 2018, £500 on 25th January 2019 and a final payment of £250 on 15th March 2019. Alternatively you could pay the full amount on WisePay directly.
If you would like your son/daughter to attend this fascinating cultural trip, please go to thier WisePay account to make a non-refundable deposit of £200 and complete the form here to guarantee a place.
If you have any questions about this trip or require further information, please do not hesitate to contact email@example.com. There is an information hand out about Buenos Aires, available from Mrs. Kennedy that your son/ daughter can collect from the Drama room. We shall be holding regular meetings during the year to discuss the various aspects of Argentine history and culture, to prepare the students for this educational experience and of course, all parents are welcome to attend.
We are very excited to offer this fantastic educational opportunity for your son/daughter and do hope they will be able to join us to experience the sights, sounds and tastes of the amazing city of Buenos Aires.
I shall be accompanied by Mr Kraft, Mr Done and Miss Ross.
Subject Leader for the Arts